- October 2001: Completed design for the new library facility.
- February 2002: Awarded contract for the library addition and renovation of the existing building to Cornerstone Construction.
- April 2002: Began construction of the library addition.
- July 2003: Complete construction of library addition and install new shelving.
- July 2003: Occupy the new addition. Move all collections. Set up temporary quarters for the circulation desk, government documents, interlibrary loan, and reference.
- August 2003: Begin renovation of existing library building.
- Spring 2004: Complete renovation of existing library building.
- Summer 2004: Move into the renovated library space. Shift collections.
- January 2005: Move ARLIS and AMIPA collections into the new facility.