267th SEPARATE COAST ARTILLERY BATTALION. REUNION. Reunion Videocassette; 1990. .1 cu. ft.
The 267th (Separate) Coast Artillery Battalion was activated during World War II, on April 20, 1942, at Fort Warden, Washington. The unit was assigned the duty of serving as a protective garrison for Seward (Alaska), its harbor facilities, and its rail terminus. The battalion was officially deactivated at Camp Bowie, Texas, on October 30, 1944.
The collection consists of one VHS videocassette which was compiled for the 1990 reunion of the 267th Coast Artillery Battalion in Seward, Alaska. The video consists of interviews with officers of the battalion, focusing on their on their time in Alaska during World War II, and captioned photographs of battalion members, activities, and locations.
The collection was presented to the archives by the Alaska Office of History and Archaeology, Department of Natural Resources, in 1992.