JAMES W. STUHLER. Color Slides; 1981-1986. .25 cu. ft. Folder
This collection consists of 768 color 35mm photographic slides taken by James W. Stuhler in Alaska. Subject of the slides include the Totem Bight State Historic Park in Ketchikan (1981); the Anchorage Fur Rendezvous (1982); the Anchorage Fur Rendezvous Balloon Race (1982); aerial and surface views of Anchorage and float planes at Lake Hood (1982); Port of Anchorage facilities and vicinity (1982); the interior of the Sears Mall in Anchorage (ca. 1982); the start of the Iditarod Sled-dog Race in Downtown Anchorage (1983); military, commercial, and small aircraft (1982, 1983, 1986); Winter scenes in Fairbanks (1986); the Valdez Pipeline Terminal (1986); and the Alaska State Fair and the Alaska Museum of Transportation and Industry in Palmer (1986).
The collection was presented to the archives by James W. Stuhler in 1995.
1. Totem Bight State Historic
Park, Ketchikan; Summer 1981 (80 slides).
-Clan house and totem poles
2. Anchorage Fur Rendezvous;
Feb. 1982 (94 slides).
3. Anchorage Fur Rendezvous Balloon Race; Feb. 1982 (86 slides).
4. Anchorage; Summer 1982 (71
-Aerial and surface photos of Anchorage and Lake Hood concentrating on buildings and float planes.
5. Port of Anchorage; Summer
1982 (93 slides).
-Oil storage tanks
-Rail freight yards
6. Sears Mall interior, Anchorage; ca. 1982 (10 slides).
7. Start of Iditarod Sled-Dog
Race in Downtown Anchorage; Mar. 1983 (173 slides).
-Photos of race contestants, officials, dog handlers, and spectatators.
8. Aircraft; n.d., 1982, 1983,
1986 (85 slides).
-Military aircraft--jets, cargo planes, helicopters
-Commercial aircraft--Wien Alaska Air, Alaska Airlines, Japanese Air Lines
9. Fairbanks; Winter 1986 (14
-Immaculate Conception Church--exterior
-Bridge over Chena River
10. Valdez Pipeline Terminal; July 1986 (23 slides).
11. Alaska State Fair and Alaska Museum of Transportation and Industry, Palmer; Aug.-Sep. 1986 (39 slides).