Skip navigation

Historical Manuscripts Collection List »

Guide to the Marguerite K. and Warren J. Nystrom papers
1757-1971

Collection number: HMC-0191.
Creator:
Nystrom, Marguerite K.
Nystrom, Warren J., d. 1995.
Title: Warren J. and Marguerite K. Nystrom papers.
Dates: 1757-1971.
Volume of collection: 0.2 cubic feet. 
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English and Russian.
Collection summary: Papers collected by an Anchorage family.

Biographical note:
Warren J. Nystrom and Marguerite K. Nystrom (known as Peggy) were Anchorage residents who homesteaded in Rabbit Creek.  They had two children, John W. and Linda Marie.  Warren Nystrom first came to Alaska in 1927.  He left to serve in the Army Air Corps in World War II but returned in 1946 and worked for the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service as a pilot.  He retired in 1959 and died in 1995.

Collection description:
The collection consists of documents collected by the Nystrom family relating to Alaskan history, politics, and activities of their family. Included in the collection are photocopies of Russian documents about Alaska, dating from 1757 and 1862; and letters, cards, and invitations sent to the Nystroms by various public officials including William A. Egan, Ralph J. Rivers, Bob Bartlett, and Lyndon Johnson.

Arrangement: Materials in this collection are arranged chronologically.

Digitized copies: Digital copies of collection material not available online. For information about obtaining digital copies, please contact Archives and Special Collections.

Rights note: Archives owns copyright to the original, unpublished material in the collection but does not own copyright to the copied materials.

Preferred citation: Marguerite K. and Warren J. Nystrom papers, Archives and Special Collections, Consortium Library, University of Alaska Anchorage.

Acquisition note: The collection was presented to the archives by the Nystrom family in 1981.

Processing information: This guide to this collection was revised by Megan K. Friedel in 2011. The collection was rehoused and duplicate and published materials removed in 2015 by Arlene Schmuland. Some published materials were moved to the ephemera collections.