Skip navigation

Historical Manuscripts Collection List »

Guide to the American Association of University Women.
Anchorage (Alaska) branch records
1955-2004

Collection number: HMC-0997.
Creator: American Association of University Women. Anchorage (Alaska) branch.
Title: American Association of University Women. Anchorage (Alaska) branch records.
Dates: 1955-2004.
Volume of collection: 1.0 cubic feet. 
Language of materials: Collection materials in English.
Collection summary: Records of the local chapter of the American Association of University Women.

Organizational history:
The mission of the American Association of University Women, founded in 1881, has been to promote education and equity for women and girls.  The Anchorage Branch of the AAUW received its charter on January 27, 1955.  The branch met for an organizational meeting in 1954.  Ramona Butterfield served as President of the group in its first year.  The Anchorage Branch has not met since May 2004.

Collection description:
The collection consists of records of the Anchorage Branch of the American Association of University women. The collection contains by-laws, founding documents, membership directories, and newsletters.  The collection also includes a scrapbook with clippings and photographs relating to various Branch activities.

Arrangement: The collection records are arranged by type of document.

Digitized copies: Digital copies of collection material not available online. For information about obtaining digital copies, please contact Archives and Special Collections.

Rights note: Materials in this collection may be subject to copyright restrictions. Copyright to collection materials is not held by Archives and Special Collections.

Preferred citation: American Association of University Women. Anchorage (Alaska) branch records, Archives and Special Collections, Consortium Library, University of Alaska Anchorage.

Acquisition note: The collection was given to the Archives by Hilary Davies Wick in 2008.

Processing information: This collection was described by Arlene Schmuland in 2008.