Go to a specific database or resource in the library's online collections.
Browse by Name
|= full content in QuickSearch|
|= partial content in QuickSearch|
|= titles in Library Catalog|
|= SLED statewide resources|
S :: 27 resources
4 resources discontinued due to budget cuts, more are planned...
- Sabin Americana, 1500-1926 (Gale)
- Online collection of primary source materials about the Americas, including original accounts of discovery & exploration, pioneering & westward expansion, the U.S. Civil War & other military actions, Native Americans, slavery, religious history, etc.
- Safari Books Online (Proquest)
- Discontinued due to FY16 budget cuts. Selected titles in computer science, engineering and business. more info
- SAGE Journals Online (SAGE Publications)
- Access to over 500 peer-reviewed, full-text journals across 40 disciplines.
- SAGE Reference Online (SAGE Publications)
- Handbooks and encyclopedias covering social science topics.
- SAGE Research Methods (SAGE Publications)
- A research methods tool to help researchers, faculty, and students design research projects and understand the methods behind them. more info
- Salem Press (Salem Press)
- Reference series covering literature, history, health, and science topics.
- ScholarWorks@UA is University of Alaska's institutional repository created to share research and works by UA faculty, students, and staff. more info
- Science (Science Magazine)
- Projected elimination of online format due to FY17 budget cuts. Leading journal of original scientific research, global news, and commentary. Note: Library will continue to keep print subscription.
- Science Accelerator (U.S. Department of Energy OSTI)
- Resources from the Office of Scientific and Technical Information including R&D results, project descriptions, accomplishments, and more.
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- Multidisciplinary index to the journal literature of the sciences. more info
- Science Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- Full text of science-related content from encyclopedias, reference books, and periodicals. Topics cover biology, chemistry, earth and space science, environmental science, health and medicine, history of science, life science, physics, and more.
- ScienceDirect (Elsevier)
- Full-text journals covering the sciences, education, social sciences, technology and medicine.
- Scribner Writers Online (Gale)
- Over 2,000 essays on authors of all nationalities and time periods.
- Online research content available to all Alaskans. more info
- Small Business Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- Offers a wide variety of information on small business and entrepreneurial subject areas, common business types, a help and advice section, and provides information on how to create business plans that lead to successful funding.
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- Contains the full set of small engine repair manuals from Clymer. These manuals contain thousands of accurate and concise step-by-step maintenance and repair instructions for hundreds of small engine machines and their supporting components.
- SMARTS / GENIUS (InfoED Global)
- Funding notification system that allows you to build a profile of your research interests, which is matched daily against the SPIN database.
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Multidisciplinary index to the journal literature of the social sciences. more info
- Social Services Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Discontinued due to FY17 budget cuts. Abstracts for social work, human services, and related areas. Formerly known as Social Work Abstracts.
- Sociological Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Discontinued due to FY17 budget cuts. Abstracts on all aspects of sociology and related disciplines.
- Something About the Author Online (Gale)
- Covers the lives and works of authors and illustrators of books for children and young adults.
- Southeast Asia: A Historical Encyclopedia (ABC-CLIO)
- The authoritative reference work on Southeast Asian history.
- SPORTDiscus (EBSCOhost)
- Discontinued due to FY15 budget cuts. Index of sport, fitness, and related disciplines. This subscription is limited to four simultaneous users.
- Sports Nutrition Care Manual (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics)
- Full-text research-based nutrition information, education materials, and clinical tools for sports dietetics, updated annually.
- SpringerLink Behavioral Science (Springer-Verlag)
- Over 300 ebooks in the field of behavioral science.
- SpringerLink Earth & Environmental Science (Springer-Verlag)
- Over 1300 ebooks in the field of earth and environmental science.
- SpringerLink Engineering (Springer-Verlag)
- Over 900 ebooks in the field of engineering.
- SpringerLink Journals (Springer-Verlag)
- Over 1600 academic e-journals covering a broad range of subject areas.
- Statistical Insight (ProQuest )
- Statistics from federal agencies, states, business organizations, research institutions, and international organizations
- Student Resources in Context (Gale)
- Provides up-to-date information from reference articles, magazine and newspaper articles. Also includes video and audio content from NBC, NPR and other news sources.
- Synthesis Digital Library of Engineering & Computer Science (Morgan & Claypool)
- A selection of ebook titles from the award winning lecture series. more info