Re: what's wrong with my sendmail?

Subject: Re: what's wrong with my sendmail?
From: Justin Dieters (
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 12:28:36 AKST

It is behind a smoothwall box, on the DMZ. The smoothwall box only
forwards ports 22, 80, and 25.

As far as the server itself goes, this is what /sbin/route has, being the smoothwall box:

Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface * U 0 0 0 eth0 * U 0 0 0 lo
default UG 0 0 0 eth0

shortpier wrote:
> Does your mail servber have any firewall rules?? ... IE does the IP of
> the src comp have to match the netmask?... One way I could see this is a
> manual route on a machine with your EXTERNAL ip being the gateway to
> your internal ip ....
> IE route add <internal private IP> gw <external IP> and if that is the
> case you will route anybody and relay for anybody who has the routing
> info...
> Shortpier

To unsubscribe, send email to <>
with 'unsubscribe' in the message body.