Re: Found problem?

Subject: Re: Found problem?
From: Andy Firman (
Date: Sun Nov 16 2003 - 13:37:02 AKST

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 12:43:45AM -0900, Justin Dieters wrote:
> Yeah. I stopped the proxy stuff - I was expecting Apache to simply start
> drop the requests, or throw them into the error log, but instead it
> keeps responding to them with 404 messagse, which threw me off at

I had ProxyRequests "on" as well. I thought it was necessary for
for my ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse rules. My apache forwards
requests for to the Zope Zserver which is
running on port 8080. After doing some reading I found that:

"ProxyRequests directive: This allows or prevents Apache
from functioning as a forward proxy server. Setting ProxyRequests to 'off'
does not disable use of the ProxyPass directive. Warning: Do not
enable proxying until you have secured your server. Open proxy servers are
dangerous both to your network and to the Internet at large."

So I turned off the ProxyPass and all is well.
Glad this discussion came up.

To unsubscribe, send email to <>
with 'unsubscribe' in the message body.