Guide to the Yukon Territory negatives
Collection number: HMC-0394.
Title: Yukon Territory negatives.
Volume of collection: 0.7 cubic feet.
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Collection summary: Glass-plate and nitrate negatives of Dawson and its environs.
The unknown photographer of this collection made these negatives in Dawson, Yukon Territory, Canada in 1908.
This collection contains gelatin dry-plate glass negatives and nitrate film negatives that were made in and around Dawson in the Yukon Territory, Canada in 1908. The photographer is unidentified. The negatives depict street views of Dawson, including the public school, St. Mary's Hospital, the Bank of Commerce, and other buildings; views of the Yukon and Klondike Rivers, bridges, and steamboats, including the Lightning, Monarch, and Pauline; gold dredges; and several people, most unidentified. The collection also contains copy prints made from the negatives, as well as the original envelopes that formerly housed the negatives, with the notes made on them by the photographer.
Arrangement: The negatives and copy prints in this collection have been numbered and are arranged in sequential order.
Digitized copies: This collection has not been digitized. For information about obtaining digital copies, please contact Archives and Special Collections.
Rights note: Archives owns copyright to this collection.
Preferred citation: Yukon Territory negatives, Archives and Special Collections, Consortium Library, University of Alaska Anchorage.
Related materials: For other archival collections at Archives and Special Collections relating to the gold rush in Alaska and the Yukon, refer to the Research Guide to Gold Rush Collections.
Custodial history: The collection was originally given to Deschutes County Historical Society by Robert Jamieson.
Acquisition note: The collection was donated to the Archives by Robert Jamieson and the Deschutes County Historical Society in 1993.
Processing information: This collection was originally described by Dennis Walle in 1993. The collection was reorganized and the guide was revised by Megan K. Friedel in 2011.