This week on Informania, Deb the Librarian talks about strategies shared in the document, “Becoming a Strategic Learner,” Topics include setting goals, motivation, overcoming anxiety, and attitude. Other topics covered in becoming-a-strategic-learner include concentration, time management and information processing.
Additional sources shared on this Informania program include:
Occupational Outlook Handbook (http://www.bls.gov/ooh/), a source that provides overviews about different occupations, including salary range and educational requirements.
Testing and Education Reference Center, a source, available to Alaskans, that provides (from their website description):
- Over 300 practice tests and courses
- Ebooks containing valuable study material and practice tests
- Information on over 4,000 accredited schools
- Scholarship search featuring $8 billion in available scholarships
- Resume builder with over 1,000 brainstorming phrases to get you started
- Career modules covering subjects from career change to salary negotiations
To access the Testing and Education Reference Center and other subscription resources for Alaskans, check out SLED. Searching the words Alaska SLED in Google is a quick way to find this website full of many useful resources!