Library South Entrance and Main Circulation Desk will be closed as of May 14th until further notice.
A portion of the 1973 heating system is being replaced this summer. The impact of this renovation project on the library will be significant.
• The South Entrance and the library entrance gate at the SSB building will be closed as of May 14th. The public entrances to SSB will remain open during the library renovation project.
• The North Entrance will be the only public entrance to the library until further notice. Library operations normally handled by the main circulation desk will be available at the North Entrance desk.
• The Alaskana Collection on the second floor will be unavailable after May 14th since it will be under protective sheeting and inside the construction area.
• Because of limited work space, the library is not accepting book donations during the construction project.
• On May 7th, most of the library’s north parking lot will be fenced off for the contractors and construction crews. The path between the north parking lot and the central SSB parking lot will be unavailable during most of the summer.
Because of the renovation project, the Justice Center and Academic Innovations and eLearning will be relocated during the week of May 7th to University Center. The Alumni Office is temporarily moving to the ADMIN building.