NSF Postdoctoral Fellowships in Polar Regions Research
For further information, please go to:
The National Science Foundation (NSF) is accepting applications
for its Postdoctoral Fellowships in Polar Regions Research program.
Synopsis of Program:
The Postdoctoral Fellowships in Polar Regions Research program supports training and research for recent doctoral degree recipients in any aspect of scientific study of the Antarctic and/or the Arctic within the Office of Polar Programs (OPP) program areas. The program also provides travel grants to those eligible for fellowships for the purpose of meeting prospective mentors and colleagues, presenting seminars, discussing mutual research and/or education interests, evaluating facilities and professional development opportunities, and initiating collaborative relationships.
The fellowship program develops and trains recent PhDs (especially those new to polar research) with concomitant goals to:
- promote scientific research in polar regions;
- support innovative research in emerging areas;
- encourage interdisciplinary research;
- support and promote awareness of International Polar Year research and education activities;
- foster activities that create broader impacts for science and society; and
- increase the participation of under-represented groups in polar regions research.
Full Proposal Deadlines (due by 5:00 p.m. proposer's local time):
- 11 January 2008
- 18 August 2008
Travel Grant Proposal Deadline: Allow ample time for processing, travel, and proposal preparation before a fellowship deadline. At least three months before the fellowship deadline is encouraged. No travel proposals will be accepted before the 11 January 2008 deadline.
Cognizant Program Officer:
Brendan P. Kelly
Arctic Natural Sciences Program Manager
© 2006, Arctic Human Health Initiatives
All rights reserved.