Fabulous prizes to be won! Are you a UAA student enrolled this fall? Think you might know your way around campus or want to try finding your way around campus? We have 8 historic photos taken on the UAA campus. Your task, should you accept it, is to find these locations and re-photograph them.
Here’s the details:
How it works:
- Put together a team of 3-6 people, all of whom must be registered for classes at UAA in the Fall 2018 semester. Nobody can serve on more than one team.
- Select one teammate to be your designated photographer
- Stay safe! Don’t take any chance of injuring yourselves or others (and please, please, please, don’t climb on the artwork!)
- Go look for the locations depicted in these photos and retake the photos with your group in them. Remember, you’re looking for the location (i.e. buildings) as some elements may have been moved. Please don’t move furniture, plants, etc to get your picture.
- All members of your group, except the designated photographer, must be in each photograph
- Post the photos to Instagram and make sure you tag the Archives @clarchives and use the hashtag #picturinguaa with each image (make sure it’s a public account so we can see them)
- Email the Archives email@example.com by 5 pm on 9/4 with a list of your team members and the name of the Instagram account where you posted the images
- We want to share your work with the world so we may grab them and share them via our social media accounts (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook): by participating in the challenge you’re agreeing that it’s okay for us to do that
- The first team to complete the challenge—we’ll be using the date stamp on the email to the Archives to determine this ($20.00 UAA Bookstore gift certificate to each team member) so don’t wait til 9/4 to notify us if you finish sooner!
- The most creative recreation of a photograph as agreed upon by the archivists and maybe a couple of celebrity UAA judges ($20.00 UAA Bookstore gift certificate to each team member)
Here’s the 8 photos (click on them to see a larger view):
The post The UAA historic photo scavenger hunt! appeared first on Archives and Special Collections.
It’s May, which means it was time for our Fourth Annual “Eating from the Archives”. This year we decided to feature military menus from our collections. Most of the menus, however, were from Thanksgiving or Christmas, with two being from …
It’s that time of year for another Archives’ potluck based on an exhibit. Our first ever exhibit potluck, Convalescent’s Banquet, while a learning experience, was pretty tasteless, and last year, Alaska Lunch, provided some interesting Alaskan based dishes. But this year, … Continue reading
Have you been enjoying following all the “color our collections” posts from archives this week on Twitter? #ColorOurCollections is the hashtag to search and lots of great coloring opportunities have been going by. We thought it would be fun to … Continue reading
Did you know it’s Pet Peeve Week? (We didn’t, but we do now). So in that spirit: Okay, we admit, most of these are pretty low on the annoyance scale. But we were commiserating over a few collections recently and … Continue reading
Our current exhibit in the great room of the Library is all about food in Alaska, with items from the Rare Books collection including cookbooks from the state. After the success (or at least entertainment value) of last year’s Convalescent’s Banquet, … Continue reading
We’re continuing to convert our legacy finding aids into a more standardized form and in doing so with some trading post records (Wiseman Trading Company) recently, I came across a neat little ledger. The original collection guide said it was … Continue reading
It’s time again for the weekly round-up of answers to the Where in the world is Jack? contest we have running on our Facebook page. And if you’re trying to figure out the contest rules, they’re here. Monday: Canaima National … Continue reading
It’s time again for the weekly round-up of answers to the Where in the world is Jack? contest we have running on our Facebook page. And if you’re trying to figure out the contest rules, they’re here. Monday: Bridgetown, Barbados, … Continue reading
It’s time again for the weekly round-up of answers to the Where in the world is Jack? contest we have running on our Facebook page. And if you’re trying to figure out the contest rules, they’re here. Monday: Iguazu Falls, … Continue reading