For in-person researchers:
- Archival collections are available for on‐site use.
- Special collections need special handling: gloves may be required, no pens allowed. Please do not bend, lean on, write on collection materials, or anything else that may damage the materials.
- Archivists may restrict use or copying of records that are fragile or have other preservation needs.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the research area.
- Researchers’ bags, briefcases, coats, and other possessions are not allowed in the research area. Please ask archivists for storage space.
- Researchers will be provided one box at a time. Records must be kept in their original order. If records are out of order, please let staff know.
- Please be respectful of other researchers and keep conversations quiet.
For all researchers:
- Certain materials may be subject to use or duplication restrictions.
- Copying services are provided by archivists. Current fee schedules are on the ASC website.
- Researchers using collections are responsible for clearing rights including copyright, literary rights, and cultural rights.
- When using archival materials in a research product, the collection name and the department must be cited. Some collections have additional citation requirements. Archivists can provide citation
requirements for all collections.
- The researcher agrees not to place any materials copied for or by him/her in any other repository without the permission of ASC.
- ASC must be notified prior to any intended publication or any other dissemination of materials obtained from ASC.
While ASC archivists are happy to work with all researchers to assist in identifying collections or materials that may be of use, we are unable to provide in-depth research services. We realize that may present a challenge, especially to our distance clientele. In order to assist our researchers, we have placed collection descriptions of our archival holdings on this website and provided the keyword site-search function available on most pages on the site. We may also be able to provide names of researchers-for-hire for extended requests. Please contact us for more information.