- Enter card # from UAA Wolfcard or APU ID.
- PIN initially set to last 4 digits of card #. You can change PIN after login.
- Contact Circulation Dept. if you can't login.
Library card privileges are available to all current students, staff, and faculty of UAA and APU. Just present your UAA Wolfcard or APU ID card when borrowing materials.
- Borrow Materials
- Place Holds
- Renew Checkouts
- Return Materials
- Overdues and Fines
- Lost Materials
- Anchorage Public Library and ARLIS Library Cards
- Reciprocal Borrower Library Cards
- You must present your Wolfcard, APU ID, or picture ID to the library circulation desk when borrowing materials.
- Undergraduate students and staff may borrow 25 items at a time.
- Graduate students and faculty may borrow 50 items at a time.
|Checkout Times||Undergraduate Student and Staff||Graduate Student and Faculty|
|Government Documents||28 Days||Semester|
|Reference Books||Library use only||Library use only|
|Periodicals (journals, magazines, newspapers)||Library use only||Library use only|
|DVDs and VHS cassettes||7 Days||7 Days|
- ARLIS books may be checked out for 28 days.
- Anchorage Public Library books may be checked out for 3 weeks and renewed twice.
When using the library's online catalog, sometimes books will be checked out or held at another library, or you just may not be able to get to the library for a couple of days. In that case, you may have the option to place a hold.
- Look for the words PLACE HOLD on the screen, and click on them.
- Fill in the form, choosing where you would like to pick up the book.
- Make sure your email is correct in the system. You will receive an email when the book is ready to be picked up.
- It will be held for you at the circulation desk for seven days.
- A book may be renewed (depending on patron type) for two additional loan periods unless it has been requested by another patron.
- Patrons may renew books by telephone (786-1871), in person at the Circulation Desk, or by logging into their account online.
- On the UAA campus:
- Book drop at the circulation desk
- Book drop on the south plaza of the Consortium Library (by the front doors)
- Book drop in the Social Sciences Building parking lot (it’s big and green)
- Book drop at the Learning Resource Center in the Sally Monserud Hall
- On the APU Campus:
- Academic Support Center in the Atwood Building
- You can also return library materials at any of the municipal library branches (i.e., Loussac, Chugiak-Eagle River, Muldoon, Girdwood, Mountain View)
Overdues and Fines
- One overdue notice is emailed when a book is approximately seven days overdue. A second is sent out after approximately 18 days.
- The next notice is a bill for the replacement cost of the book.
- Fines will accrue at $.25 (twenty-five cents) per day, per overdue item for all items excluding reserve materials and films (DVD and VHS items). The maximum fine per item is $10.00.
- Films (DVD and VHS) will accrue fines at $1 (one dollar) per day, per overdue item. The maximum fine per item is $10.00.
- Reserve fines will vary from $0.50 (fifty-cents) to $1.00 (one dollar) per hour based on the length of check-out. The maximum fine is $20.00 per reserve item. Please contact the Circulation Desk (786-1364) for more information.
- Fines may be paid with cash, check, Wolfbucks, or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, JCB, and American Express). In addition you may pay your fines online by logging into your library account and clicking on the FINE TAB.
- Banner Holds may take up to 48 hours to clear.
- If your account is blocked due to overdue fines or fines, they must be paid in full before privileges will be restored.
- The replacement charge for a lost book is $90.00 plus any outstanding fees. The Consortium Library will not accept replacement copies for lost books.
- The replacement charge for a lost book obtained via Interlibrary Loan is $90.00 per item plus any outstanding fees.
Anchorage Public Library and ARLIS Library Cards
- Patrons may check out materials using their Anchorage Public Library or ARLIS library cards.
- Patrons may check out up to 25 books for 28 days and two renewal periods.
- Materials borrowed may be returned at a Public Library branch, ARLIS, or the Consortium Library.
- Fines may be paid at either the Anchorage Public Library or Consortium Libraries. Lost materials must be paid for at the owning library.
Reciprocal Borrower Cards
- Effective July 1, 1999, the Consortium Library extended reciprocal borrowing privileges to patrons from participating libraries.
- A photo ID, a permanent address, and an active library card from the participating library is required at the time of application.
- Reciprocal Card privileges allow patrons to check out up to 25 items at a time for 28 days and include two renewal periods.
- A patron may renew by phone, walk-in, or by logging into their account on our Web site.
- These limits apply to Alumni patrons as well.
- Fine and Lost Book policies apply to all patrons who use the Consortium Library.
- UAA is not funded to provide interlibrary loan service to Alumni or Reciprocal Card patrons. This service is available through Anchorage Public Library.
- Reciprocal cards are not issued to corporations or groups and cannot be transferred or assigned to another individual.