Many databases and other electronic resources accessible through the Consortium Library website are governed by subscription and license agreements to which the Consortium Library and its users are legally bound.
- These agreements identify conditions that describe who may use the databases or electronic resources, for what purposes they may be used, what uses are prohibited, what copyright restrictions may apply, and what the content providers are not responsible for.
- If you use any of the databases or electronic resources, you agree to abide by these conditions.
- Neither the library nor the content providers guarantee the authority, accuracy, or comprehensiveness of the information.
Resources are licensed for use by current UAA/APU students, faculty and staff. Guests visiting the Consortium Library are allowed to access licensed content while in the building.
The library has computers located in open areas of the first and second floors that provide access to online catalogs and licensed content for UAA/APU students, faculty, and staff, as well as the general public.
Computers, laptops, and other devices connected to the UAA network are able to access licensed content through the Consortium Library website. When accessing licensed content from off campus, users are required to login with their UAA/APU username and password.
- Use the databases for educational, research, scholarly, and/or personal purposes.
- Download, save, and/or print a reasonable portion of individual works allowed by the database provider and within copyright.
- Share print or electronic copies of individual works with UAA/APU students, faculty, and staff.
- Share electronic links to licensed content with UAA/APU students, faculty, and staff through course management systems, institutional web pages, etc.
- Use the databases or electronic resources for resale or commercial purposes.
- Use the databases or electronic resources in any way to offend or harass others.
- Perform systematic and excessive downloading, printing, or other dissemination of subscribed/licensed content such as a journal volume/issue, book, or other individual work.
- Post subscribed/licensed content to online sites, such as websites, email lists, social media, etc.
Questions about this policy should be directed to Steve Rollins, Dean, UAA/APU Consortium Library, 3211 Providence Dr., Anchorage, AK 99508 (email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 907-786-1825).