Finals week. It is a stressful time.
**Hours during Finals Week**
It is best to tackle it with a game plan. Make sure to:
- Get your meals in. You can’t run a car on an empty tank.
- Water intake. With already being stressed as it is with finals week, being dehydrated is not going to help. Make sure that you carry around your water bottle. There are various water fountain refill locations around campus.
- Take breaks. Overdoing it is not good. Taking a break to “reset” can help in clearing your head and getting ready for round 2!
- Get in some type of fresh air and sunlight. I know, sunlight in Alaska? But take advantage of the sunlight when you can. Putting a happy light close to you can be helpful.
- When in doubt, ask for help!!! Finals week is a hectic time, and we at UAA are here to help!
The Information and Research Help Desk will be open remotely today from 9am to 8pm, Wed. December 7. You can get help from our librarians via chat, email, text, or phone: https://ask.consortiumlibrary.org/. This service is available on a regular basis, as well. Reach out if you need help, we are available.
Winter Blues. Yes, it’s a thing. You may notice that you are not feeling quite like yourself when there is minimal sunlight. Feeling sluggish, low energy, sleeping more than usual, not being able to concentrate, and being irritable. With our sleep schedule being impacted and the lower levels of serotonin, winter blues can typically occur during the winter months every year.
Check out the six tips to not become part of the Winter Blues crowd.